• Links to external websites may be affiliate links that generate revenue. Clicking the links do not add any cost to your transcations, if you choose to purchase.

Never mind cutting corners

Dr.Jass

Pastor of Muppets
This thing just flat-out ain't done. Apparently twenty grand doesn't get you much these days.

Every stripe forward of the doors is installed wrong. The fender stripes look like wieners losing interest the way they sag away from the body lines. Whatever the thought process behind the hood stripes was, someone had clearly never seen a '73-'74 Road Runner before.

You really need to look at all the pictures to appreciate the carnage. It's a viable car, but so much is left undone or just done poorly. The wheel centers are a great example. Look closely.

15.jpg

32.jpg

34.jpg

Oh good lord

02.jpg

I especially like the stripes cut out for the mirrors that aren't there.

I saw a new-ish Charger yesterday with REGRAHC on the driver's side door bottom in great big letters. If you think for a second you'll figure it out.

Oh good lord

02.jpg
That's exactly to what I was referring. I can only imagine the look of consternation on someone's face as they tried to figure out where those stripes went while drooling on their shirt. It never occurred to you to image search online?!

I especially like the stripes cut out for the mirrors that aren't there.
In builder's defense, that's how they come from the stripe people. Still, it's a great indicator of just how much work has not been done to this car. The engine bay is a study in laziness.

I saw a new-ish Charger yesterday with REGRAHC on the driver's side door bottom in great big letters. If you think for a second you'll figure it out.
I'm guessing the proceeds from the Road Runner will pay off that car and its custom decals.

I see pictures of someone's failed project.
Probably one along the lines of "My wife says it's me or that car!" kind of project.
Whoever has it now likely threw all the parts - or at the least the ones they could hang on there quickly - on the car to give the next sucker some semblance of what the car could look like.
But, they probably should have sorted out the paint on the right quarter (at least) before breaking out the stripe kit.
Looks to be a very solid car, though.

The potential is definitely there, no doubt, it's just not worth 20 large as it sits. Half that would be a stretch.

Probably one along the lines of "My wife says it's me or that car!" kind of project.
And being a wife, she knows every plug nickel spent on it, so he'd damned-well better recover it. Something similar happened to a friend of mine during his divorce. In his case, the car was done but he didn't realize the future ex-Mrs. knew how much had gone into it (about $29K). She'd reviewed all his receipts and demanded half that amount for him to keep his Challenger.
His solution? "The only true value is what the car would sell for, so you go ahead and sell the car. You can deal with the chiselers, joy-riders, penny-pinchers and tire-kickers. Give me half of whatever you get for it, and we're good." His attorney said it was fair, and even her attorney said it was the fairest solution. She wanted the big cash payout but didn't have to work for it, so she left the car out of the settlement entirely. Last I knew he still had it but was considering selling.

But, they probably should have sorted out the paint on the right quarter (at least) before breaking out the stripe kit.
Looks to be a very solid car, though.
They shouldn't have broken out the stripe kit a'tall. Hood silliness notwithstanding, the fender stripes' placement is absurdly bad. They need to be replaced.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back