lucky for me

greg73cuda

sometime surprises happen when getting a car ready for a race weekend. Ryan is on nights this week at the shop & we had a light evening of worked booked in, so i broght CUDA in for a little attention. Ryan put the car though a tech inspection. He found a crack in the torque convertor flex plate. I had another tech pull the tranny this morning & i couldn't beleive the condition of the flex plate. 1 ear was broken off right through one of the 4 bolts that hold it to the convertor. another ear cracked 3/4 through and a 3rd crack over 1/2 way through the centre of the plate. i'm guessing the next run down the track would have twisted the plate right off. yikes. Thats why we check things over, right.

i ordered a replacement flex plate & should have it tomorrow. then get things back together by thursday & finally a race weekend.

greg73cuda

yup--- you woulda flexed more than a plate if that hadda gone at the track--- i had one go in a Louisville onetime .. rite in downtown London Ont... clutch and all. plate broke and shaved all the bolts and tore out the back of the crank on a cummins..... yup sure did make a real nice sound.. something along a high c... that was me screamin... it was all under load i was shifting 1,st to 2,nd and BANG.... $7000. DAY... YUP I WAS AS HAPPY AS YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE.... glad you checked it out and caught it. ever seen a flywheel get loose? and go in the air...sure does draw attention.....i once saw a 13 speed transmission come thru a floor once.. and the engine rolled. now that was torque. new motor and tran. mounts-- actually new truck..once again underload.. sure woke the driver up. first thing he said was damn i spilled my coffee. it happened at 6.30 in the morning leaving the yard. this was all under warrenty. you should have seen the mounts they put in. they could have held a 747 on the ground...mine was not a warranty deal. mine was called wallet insurance......when things like yours breaks under load it can cost alot of money.. GOOD LUCK AT THE TRACK-hope you win and be safe---ORVIL

great story orvil. would have been one of those cha ching weekends. its amazing those flex plates are held to the torque convertor with 4 small 5/16 bolts.

greg73cuda

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back