Kindle

It does look neat! I'd probably end up reading crap just because it cost 10 bucks.
The Library still holds several volumes which I have not perused yet.

I've been wanting an eBook thingy for years. I'm still not cool with the idea of paying top dollar for a book and not having anything tangible.
They should be cheaper than actual books - there's no printing costs. No risk for the publisher - they usually print so many copies for the first run and cross their fingers that they sell.

If there was a more open source for books - independent authors without a signed contract sort of like you see with indie bands posting their MP3s for free - I think I'd be more on board with this idea. Or even better, an eBook device that allowed for more open formats so that I wasn't tied to any one particular vendor to buy my books and I could buy direct from the author if I wanted to.

I had the Microsoft eBook program on my old PDA. I read a ton of public domain pieces like all of the Sherlock Holmes books, etc. - but then they got in the digital rights things and that required an OS upgrade that my PDA couldn't handle in order to run the new version of the eBook software.

That thing was great because If couldn't sleep I could read without a light on.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back