Junior made a boom boom..

Jr.

Driving around in circles and
Age 17 is not going well for me so far. Day after my birthday, broken colarbone.

Today... 75 in a 55, $204, 6 points. 6 MORE months of GDL, i won't be off till i'm 18 now.

Only my second ticket, first one was a no seatbelt ticket. If they count that against my driving record, this would be my second traffic violation, doubling the points on my ticket. For you morons, 6 x 2 = 12, the maximum points allowed. So if they hold a no seatbelt ticket against me.. Jr. loses his license.

All because I had tos how off. I saw some people from my school and we were semi-racing each other.

The cop asked me if we were racing.. Of course not officer! [smilie=e:

So, i was stupid.. lesson learned. What was the worst you've had when you were a kid?

I never got caught doing anything too bad...

Outran the cops one night, got caught later, but they didn't have anything solid (no license #), got $150 worth of tickets...too fast for conditions, failure to yield... :(

A friend of mine got nailed going 130 in a 35 ('71 440 Charger), feared the wrath of his parents, and shot himself dead. :( :( :( :( I think he was 18...

Stupid fvcker, nothing's worth that, no matter how much trouble you're in. It ruined his family. (His mom is insane, now, I think) At least you're not that stupid!!

So...It'll get better, man. It has to.

-M

in ND they have this rule that if your under 18, you only have 6 points on your license.

2 months after i got my license, i was in a hurry cause i was almost late to my next class from the Vo-tech center (across town) so i booked it. Got nailed for 61 in a 35. which is the verge of a 6 point ticket. so they gave me a 6 pointer, and i had my license "cancelled" which means i start over like i never had one. 6 months of a permit, then i can take the test again.

it was a looooong 6 months. but i got alot done on my 64 dodge polara....

Be careful-they made me join the army to get rid of me and when I came back-lets just say I had an attitude problem. After I totaled the first 69 runner and transplanted the 383 into number 2 I would whip circles on main street to get their attention and turn off the lights and go for it. Back in 77 you could still outrun a motorola sometimes but when they finally did catch me I got 10 tickets and had blown the motor running it out of oil when I caved in the pan doing stupid crap. Listen to the old ones once and a while just for reference if anythying and BE COOL. [smilie=e:

Well uh, my buddy was driving back to his house (pissed and alone) and got caught by the cops going 180 KPH on the highway. MORON!

He blew 1.8. (.08 is the legal limit) [smilie=2:

He was lucky though, this happened before they made anything over 150 a criminal offence! [smilie=2:

As for me.

I have had to run from the cops on both a snomobile and dirtbike (riding on public road) those squads don't cross country very well :D

Well i got my first ticket the first time i ever drove the cuda.Icame up to a stop sign and decided i was gonna see what my car could go.As soon as i hit 80mph i saw a cop car in the other lane which was bad enough,but my parents were right behind him in their mini van!!! [smilie=2: Luckily i knew the cop(my uncle) and he only gave me a ticket for 10 over and told me if he ever caught me again i'd be in big trouble!!!.But i lost my car for month after that [smilie=e:

First day I had my license I got pulled over for speeding 37 in a 25. Cop gave me a stern warning at let me go. Never had a speeding ticket (yet [smilie=e: ) but have had other offenses over the years. One of the most memorable was an exibition of power/speed ticket for a 50 foot burnout in a city park. [smilie=e:

Jr. said:
For you morons, 6 x 2 = 12
What was the worst you've had when you were a kid?

I once called a grown up a moron and got my ass kicked for it. [smilie=e:

When I was 17, the cops here knew my car if not my name. 70 roadrunner, at most one door and one quarter burnt orange, the rest of the body some shade of hot rod red primer. 383 w/ big crane cam, 4 speed, uncapped headers. It was a lot of car, one of those ones that just wanna run.

I was pulled over in it once and cop noticed a parking light that was out - I hit the bumper and it came on. It was like something out of Mayberry. ;)

I've got way too many stories to tell, but the one that I can't stress enough is that I killed that car with two other people in it. We all could've died - the car got sideways and went for the center line and a car, I pulled it back and we ended up right front nose down in a culvert. It twisted the unibody, back then it was just a car, so it was parted out. There are still pieces of the thing around here. :)

None of us were hurt, but all of us could have died. Think about it. ;)

I got a speeding ticket when I was 16, but was able to keep my licence. My son however is another story. We got him a 73 Charger about 5 years ago when was 17. He got to drive it for a month, and one night on a slick street, trying to impress his HS buddy in a ricer, got sideways crossed two lanes of busy traffic, over the center median, hit 2 cars, one head-on, and totaled a very nice 3rd gen Charger. He was okay, but the driver he hit head-on went to the hospital, and if it were not for decent insurance I would have been sued. The motor, interior and some sheet metal were salvaged for another 73 that he still has.

Impress your buds at the strip, play it cool everywhere else.
Your car and you will last longer.

D Gould said:
I got a speeding ticket when I was 16, but was able to keep my licence. My son however is another story. We got him a 73 Charger about 5 years ago when was 17. He got to drive it for a month, and one night on a slick street, trying to impress his HS buddy in a ricer, got sideways crossed two lanes of busy traffic, over the center median, hit 2 cars, one head-on, and totaled a very nice 3rd gen Charger. He was okay, but the driver he hit head-on went to the hospital, and if it were not for decent insurance I would have been sued. The motor, interior and some sheet metal were salvaged for another 73 that he still has.

Impress your buds at the strip, play it cool everywhere else.
Your car and you will last longer.

Wow....thank God he's still here with us! The stuff we did as younguns. [smilie=e:

i got busted for a 160 kmh(100 MPH) in a 90 kmh zone (56 MPH) three months after a rolling stop it was in a plymouth Acclaim (I didnt think it could go that fast)

here in ontario we have a points system and you can get up to 15 points when u hit 8 you get to have a meeting with the law. I sit at 7 pts

and then i have all those little 10 over tickets ..i think about 12. I since grew up and slowed down a fair bit i will not drive over 120 kph

oh ya did i mention my parents beat my ass! [smilie=e:

Well lets get into some fun then shall we?

Story number one. A bunch of us were bench racing one night and a guy pulls up and invites us to a party at a girl's place that the parents went to London for a vacation. I had the Coronet and a buddy had a '69 383 4 gear runner. We decided to do a separate route race. He was to get the shorter distance with the runner, and I the longer in the coronet. There were 4 in the Coronet and 2 in the runner. We arrived at the house and were smug when we realized that we had beat them. A full night's worth the crowing could follow. The minutes went by.....After about a half hour we got into the car and worked back the route that he was to take. At a train track overpass were many many rotating cherries. A witness said he was driving alone and this car tore by him and when it pulled back into the right lane, kept going, hit the guardrail and pitchpoled over it. On the tracks, upside down was the runner. The two friends we had 40 minutes ago were no more.

Story number two: Buddy and I used to race everyday to work one summer when we had motorcycles. One day he woke up late and I assume he thought he had better try to catch up. He ran a yellow when a oncoming tandem dump truck was making a left. The police estimate he hit the side of the truck at 90 plus MPH.

Story number three: Fellow at high school one day gets permission from daddy to take the '68 427 'vette to school. Lunchtime was filled with rides in the car with all the kids. School bell rings and no sign of the car. Classes interrupted mid afternoon when the 'vette was found 150 feetor so off the road with the largest part being the engine block.

That's enough cheer for now. Enjoy your life.

Damn that makes ya think a little bit before you get in your car and go out for the night [smilie=e: Sorry about your friends man

The sad truth about the cars we love. :(

The most important thing you can do for your car is respect it.

ya pretty much can consider that hot mopar a loaded gun.
my dad always told me that!

i have wadded up a few very nice cars. and
i hate thinking that i have burried more friends over the years due to bad judgement on their part than i care.
i still have to pass the places where their folks have planted flowers and put those little markers up.
or places where the trees are still scarred from 15 or 20 years ago.

i feel very lucky that i have not ever hurt myself or anyone else.

i catch myself telling the crazy stories about some of the stuff my buds and i used to do in our cars and stop to think about my kids and hope they arent aware of any of them. but dang i sure had fun at the time. i wouldnt try it again . it is rare for me to even pull a little hole shot from time to time.

crap have turned into my grandma!!!!

this isnt really a story of mine..but im named after the guy (middle name anyways). My dad had a friend who was a big car guy..he built a turbocharged bike, my dad helped him map out the pipes and everyhitng..buncha stuff on this bike hand fabricated. One day he was out winding it up and witnesses say he locked em up skipped up over the curb and hit an abandoned construction trailer (no helmet, nothing on) suspected he hit it at about 80-90mph..dead upon scene..the papers said at arrival tho..
dad lost a good friend at age 26..too bad

yeah all these stories get ya thinking

Diplomat_Wagon said:
I have had to run from the cops on both a snomobile and dirtbike (riding on public road) those squads don't cross country very well :D

The Canora detatchment of the RCMP have obviously become a bunch of pussies since I was living in them parts.... :D

A little thing like cross - country wouldn't have slowed 'em down none.. they just would have called in their buddys, found a way to knock you over and then given you an ass-kicking for good measure.

About 25 yrs ago, they strip - searched a friend of mine right on the street (below the Ukranian statue) because he had long hair. (...well and because he had a smart-ass mouth he could not control)

In 1985 , they pulled me over once on 229 highway on the way to Good Spirit Lake, and made me empty the contents of my S-10 out onto the road so they could check it out.....then drove away.

They came roaring into a bush party once like the gawddamn 5th regiment ... some of us though we were gonna die that night....

...Things have changed. [smilie=e:

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back