Jamie's '81 D-250 Club Cab

Jamies440

Divorced Bird
Ok guys,

Here is a thread dedicated to my '81 D-250 Daily driver, thats right, I said daily driver. [smilie=2:. I traded a good buddy an '82 Ramcharger 4wd for it. He got it free from his grandmother after it spun a bearing and the city of Wichita was threatening to haul it off. It was either he picked it up or it would end up in the scrapper.

The Truck is a Royal package truck with the full trim interior. Blue on blue. Its also pretty well optioned up, mainly for work. It has the 4k suspension under the front with the large lug studs, and has a 6200k rear suspension with a D-60 HD rear axle and 4.10s. Also has the wider brakes. So, its pretty much a 1 ton under a D-250 badge.

For a motor its an original 360-4v truck, but as I said the motor was shot when I got it so I pulled it out a year ago and finally in the late summer I was able to score a 23k mile 360 for it out of a '75 motorhome. Got the matching trans as well. The motor started out as a 2-v but I re-gasketed it and added an '88 4-v intake topped with an Edelbrock 1406 600 cfm carb. It runs great, plenty of low-end but 4.10s mean that 60 is pretty much tops on the highway unless I REALLY want to suck the gas down.

The story on the bumper is that I dont know who made it, but its stout. The front tube is actually an air tank that is functional and between the brackets is a storage bin. There is also a nice and sturdy hitch plate welded to it that I actually use!

Future plans include an overdrive, either a 518 or the extra 4500 5 speed from my black '88 Dodge shortbed. I may find another set of fenders and '86-'90 core support for it and paint it. I have a nicer bed for it as well.

Anyway here are some pics

Attachments

• ltfront.jpg
    ltfront.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 18
  • bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 12
  • airtank.jpg
    airtank.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 12
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 11
The 4500 didn't come in the '88, did it? I don't think they installed those at the factory until '94.

No, the 4500 is out of a later model truck. The prev. owners swapped in it before I got it.

I know, it needs a paintjob, the pass. side bed has been repainted and theres a lot of filler in it, same with the drivers fender. The paint on both sucks, fisheyed real bad and is generally rough. I have a near perfect longbed off an '84 that I might use on it. The pass. fender needs replaced as well as the drivers so I might just swap over to an '86 core support and run that style grille while I'm at it.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back