• Links to external websites may be affiliate links that generate revenue. Clicking the links do not add any cost to your transcations, if you choose to purchase.

It's a sphere!

Dr.Jass

Pastor of Muppets
It must be, because every single corner's been cut.

197something Dodge Challenger 440 Six Pack

The state-issued VIN is a nice start, as is not even bothering to vacuum the carpet. From there we move into advanced upper-deck style fuckery like split rear "bumper", Someone Else's Taillights, and the pièce de résistance--the filler neck, which you'll notice is not present in the photo below.

s-l1600.jpg

t bird? couger?..i dunno on those tail lights but honestly if you put the stock bumper back in i think the tail lights look pretty good

however.....why are there no knobs?..that shifter like WTF seriously....and how many blown out holes do you need in that dash cluster??..someone care to figure out the grills/louvers in front of the rear tires?

its actualy a pretty clean looking car tho once you get passed the WTF's...but i dint look at the price either

whys the ass sitting 3 inches lower than the nose?

whys the ass sitting 3 inches lower than the nose?

Because people are to lazy to swap in new springs.

Man that thing has so much wrong going for it...Think I threw up a little looking at those pics.:sick:

t bird? couger?..i dunno on those tail lights but honestly if you put the stock bumper back in i think the tail lights look pretty good
I'll concede that they're actually a decent fit shape-wise, but the gap between them was left completely unaddressed... just a massive hole. The split "bumper" just accentuates that.
however.....why are there no knobs?..that shifter like WTF seriously....and how many blown out holes do you need in that dash cluster??..someone care to figure out the grills/louvers in front of the rear tires?
No knobs, no radio, butt-connected wires just hanging everywhere, two warning lights placed in almost the worst spot possible (I mean, they're not in the back seat or trunk)... it just keeps on giving. As far as all the holes in the upper dash, most of them would be covered by the light bar. E-body clusters are floodlit from the front--there are no bulbs in the cluster. Driven at night, the car has no dash illumination other than (possibly) the floodlight over the heater controls... which do nothing, since all the HVAC holes in the firewall are welded shut.
The shifter is just so dramatically bad, and not only in appearance. I'd love to see the routing of that rear-exit cable other than the hole drilled in the console for it. As far as the quarter louvers are concerned, that's just someone trying to make the car something it isn't. If you didn't notice the ad title, the car is a '72. We think. Because there's no factory-issued VIN, despite what appears to be a data tag on the fender.

Oh, and the price is $36,000 which is about what one would expect to pay for a well-restored '72 Rallye 340 with a legit VIN. I think half that number would be high for someone's washed-up former drag car.

Man that thing has so much wrong going for it...Think I threw up a little looking at those pics.:sick:
I'm guessing the vomit was interrupted when you started laughing at the slapper bars. Or was it the bolt-on T/A scoop with pinchweld welting around the edge? The yellow-painted grille? The black sill plates? Perhaps it was the knowing smile from yourself having forgot to open the shielding gas valve and trying to lay a weld... except this fella didn't realize it and just kept on relocating the rear springs.

Seeing Dan's leering face every third picture didn't help. He looks like exactly the guy I don't want brokering a purchase.

its been a very...VERY long time since i had a chally so much so i cant remember if it was a 74 or 75 so totaly spaced the flood lit guages
the more i see the tail lights the more i love the way they look n fit..yes the gapps and split bumper need adressed but its the one thing done right on the car LOL

Here's where I'm at with the taillights:

They're pretty-well executed in terms of fit, but he was so close to doing it right but missed the mark. First up, put the license plate in the gap. Mount it on the 'Cuda hinge and use a 'Cuda fuel filler and tank to address the currently-retarded filler neck situation. Section a couple of stock rear bumpers (fiberglass or otherwise--I don't think those are steel anyhow) to remove the license-plate notch. Rework the rear valance to remove the plate bulge entirely, also similar to what you'd find on the Barracuda. Imagine the look of consternation on people's faces when they'd try to take in everything happening back there with such an arrangement.

Seriously: He committed to all that work to use the Cougar taillights (one has to wonder if they're still sequential), and they do sorta work. A few more details and it actually could've been a very-cool custom touch instead of looking half-assed.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back