If you havent seen it already... Challenger SS

Jr.

Driving around in circles and
If you didnt know already, DCX made a Challenger "SS" prototype for the SEMA show going on currently. Odds of production are very very slim, it's just a concept that DCX threw together for this show. Looking closely though there is a few changes from the original concept, i.e. bulkier nose for better crash rating. Other small things you might notice. You can check it out, and some other cars made for the designed for the SEMA show at www.chryslerweblog.com

Lose the paint scheme and use a different scoop and it might not be bad. You'd think there would be SOMEBODY at DC that could properly copy the T/A hood.

mopar_man said:
Lose the paint scheme and use a different scoop and it might not be bad. You'd think there would be SOMEBODY at DC that could properly copy the T/A hood.

I like the paint scheme despite the fact it's obviously a US theme. Rumour has it the hood scoop is so big, 'cus it's gotta 392 c.i. version of the new hemi with some sort of tall induction setup.... dunno if that's true or not.

I think some bigger rubber in the rear wheel wells would better suit the overall theme of the car tho...

Other than the paint scheme I like it. Although I also feel more rubber is needed in the rear. :vroom:

I kinda like the paint...if I was a little older I'm sure it would induce some sort of acid flashback:felant: :nanna: :felant: . Yes it does need more rubber in the rear

Scroll down and watch the interview with Ralph Gilles, the designer of the 300C. Seems like a cool guy. The next to last question about the Sebring made me shoot Johnny Walker Black out of my nose!

Clearly said Super Stock Challenger Concept...not 'Challenger SS' which...doesnt seem like much difference..but is all the difference if you read 'challenger ss' and get a foul taste in your mouth. Does anyone here say Hemi Dart SS? or is it Super Stock Hemi Dart? I'm just happy to see a 2door car, resembles a challenger with a hemi being promoted by mopar!

100_1562.jpg

100_1558.jpg

GoodysgotaCuda said:
Clearly said Super Stock Challenger Concept...not 'Challenger SS' which...doesnt seem like much difference..but is all the difference if you read 'challenger ss' and get a foul taste in your mouth.

Tomaito, tomahto ....

As insignifigant as calling a barracuda a cuda yknow? :D

beeper*71 said:
Other than the paint scheme I like it. Although I also feel more rubber is needed in the rear. :vroom:
yes the rear tires need to be wider , but i like the fact that the wheels arent the friggn dub city wheels . and i like the paint job :bravo:

GoodysgotaCuda said:
Clearly said Super Stock Challenger Concept...not 'Challenger SS' which...doesnt seem like much difference..but is all the difference if you read 'challenger ss' and get a foul taste in your mouth. Does anyone here say Hemi Dart SS? or is it Super Stock Hemi Dart? I'm just happy to see a 2door car, resembles a challenger with a hemi being promoted by mopar!

100_1562.jpg

100_1558.jpg
I agree totally

I like it! Well except for that hood scoop and I agree on more meat in the rear! So I hear NASCAR Busch series wants to run the Camaro's 'Stangs and Challys...would be coo to see one of these on the track! :dance:

GoodysgotaCuda said:
Tomaito eh? :D got any pics of that duster you have? :xl:

LOL! That's a Goody one! [smilie=J:

I agree with both one this one - the term "SS" immediately made me think Camaro. Then, I resolved it in my brain and it's no big deal.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back