I umm, I got another car!

Jamies440

Divorced Bird
Yep, got another car on Thursday from a friend for $200 (He is into salvage and bought it for $100 out of a field). Its an '83 Cordoba. 318/auto, and loaded including power windows, leather bucket seats that are power (Comfy suckers!), leather wrapped steering wheel, AM/FM Casette, as well as a back half vinyl top that eliminates those ugly third windows the cars had.

Its overall not a bad car, runs and drives. Straight on the pass. side, drivers side has a bent rear 1/4 but otherwise its not bad either. The bad part body-wise is the rear fender extensions, or lack thereof. Those suckers are almost always gone! I dont know why either.

The reason it was parked is because the car was ditched and it bent some stuff. The front wheel sits like this "/" because the shock tower is bent and on those cars it hold the upper control arm. But, it bolts onto the K-member and I've got another out here. Also bent the rear axleshaft but again thats easy. a Friend of mine bought back his ragged out 5th ave for parts and I'm getting the one out of that.

No pix now but I'll get them. My plan is to fix it up and drive it! I believe it only has 85k on it, judging by pedal wear and the condition of the interior.

My plan is to fix it up and drive it!
You best get to work, or the other 30 projects will be done before this one.... BTW how are you gonna insure all these "drivers" once they are ready????

I hope I'm not lobbing a grenade into an orphanage, but how's it going with Misty? We haven't heard anything about her for a while.

insure em thru progresive and just call and change to whatever car you want to drive 30 secs befor you walk out the door......ive been doing it for years

The bad part body-wise is the rear fender extensions, or lack thereof. Those suckers are almost always gone! I dont know why either.
Uhhhh, because they were rusting before Ricardo's ass even hit the rich Corinthian leather.

Yeah, I know the pic's a 76 & yours is an 82. Deal with it.

Attachments

• 600_1976ChryslerCordobaSportCoupe.jpg
    600_1976ChryslerCordobaSportCoupe.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 13
Currently I own 3 vehicles, and I ain't driving either of em.... I'm driving someone else's car. :doh:

Is this sorta thing contagious or something? :shifty:

Well, an update. Still sitting on 3 wheels with the bent spindle pointing downward. I got the axle and Spindle I needed from a buddy so the car is hopefully going to come together pretty quick. That is, if I get time to work on it!

You could have one or two VERY nice cars with the money you sink into "saving" all those beaters.

Uhhhh, because they were rusting before Ricardo's ass even hit the rich Corinthian leather.

Yeah, I know the pic's a 76 & yours is an 82. Deal with it.

yay! it'sa wanna be Monte carlo. GM done fixed our wagon and stepped up to quadriphonic headlights for 76:rolleyes:

Last edited:

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back