I bought a boat.

sleeper448

not bragging ,. just did.
If anyone knows anything about mercury 115 hp L6 thunderbolt ignitions , let me know. I am again in the childrens learning seat.
The hull in a 1972 fiberform 16'. the kids are all tripped out about it.
Thinking on painting topside a mopar blue.?:rolleyes:

sleeper448 said:
GOT some engine work first.besides tha painting, electrical, etc, etc... soon real soon. Just keep your pole clean .
What if it goes off while I'm cleaning it? :shifty:

What year is that 115? Does it have a distributor? What do you need to know?

I know a little bit about the inlines. I had a 140 on the back of an 18ft tunnel vee that would run 60mph at 5500rpm. My current setup is a 2.4L 200hp V6 pushing an 18ft Tunnel 90mph at 7200rpm. :)

RustBucket said:

I know a little bit about the inlines. I had a 140 on the back of an 18ft tunnel vee that would run 60mph at 5500rpm. My current setup is a 2.4L 200hp V6 pushing an 18ft Tunnel 90mph at 7200rpm. :)

Sounds like one of dem craaaazy lake boats! You guys are insane!

RustBucket said:

It has a dist. Thunderbolt ignition. the comp, cold is 120 psi in all cyl.
I am concentrating on the hull right now. patching chips. reenforcing the transome.replacing seat wood.
The eng is on the eng stand and is getting a good once over, clean-up , inspection check. some wireing needs replacement , and also the grounds.
my biggest concern is the switchhbox.

How fast is a 115hp.? or do you think it will push the boat. the tri- hull is max rated to a 115 hp eng. so its a match.!

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back