• Links to external websites may be affiliate links that generate revenue. Clicking the links do not add any cost to your transcations, if you choose to purchase.

HEY XLR8R

something might have fallen on it ...thats about the onlything that would explain it....think i can shrink it to fit under the lloyd :p

69.5CUDA said:
something might have fallen on it ...thats about the onlything that would explain it....think i can shrink it to fit under the lloyd :p

expand the lloyd :bravo:

BootHead said:
expand the lloyd :bravo:

Yeah. You could use some of the sheet metal you cut out of the pickup truck.
:xl:

Everyone shoudl chime in with an idea for that thing.
If you had it as a platform to build on, what would you do?
Strictly speaking, what kind of body what you want to put on top of it?
Auto body that is..

jo's idea for the Darper or Vipart is a good start.

I'm going to have to give it some thought, myself.

divingtigger said:
Most likely due to an accident that shattered the whole body (unless they aren't made out of fiberglass)
I think they're steel bodies. I'm guessing something happened to it and there's likely some kind of hidden frame damage somewhere. I don't know of anybody who would be willing to rip the body off of an undamaged car to sell the chassis. What would you do with the undamaged body panels? He also tried to sell it once already with it not meeting reserve. Click.

dodgechargerfan said:
Everyone shoudl chime in with an idea for that thing.
A friend of mine has a '40 Plymouth Coupe that would look neat with that. Not sure the engine would fit under the hood or if the body would fit over that chassis though.

Ideas for just the drivetrain:
  • A '69 or '70 Chrysler 300.
  • Late 70s/early 80s Mopar RWD coupe (Mirada, Imperial, Magnum, etc.).
  • A 50s finned Mopar would be cool too.

It's being sold with no title for parts only....
:hmmm: could it be hot? Could they get away with it?

That's very possible too. All of those panels that he pulled off would've had a VIN on them. Is there a VIN on drivetrain parts still? How about the chassis? I bet a call to the local PD of the seller might interest them in that auction.

mopar_man said:
I don't know of anybody who would be willing to rip the body off of an undamaged car to sell the chassis.
You obviously never read the article on John Hennessey:wtf:

Personally I'd drop an A body fishy on it :dance:

yeah im with fishy on the body of choice being a 67/69 fishy....but for sheer freak factors...ponder these

64/70 dodge PU cut to fit onto it
64/69 a/100 PU OR fullsize van cut down to fit it
74-80 ramcharger/trailduster
sure youd have to stretch the viper a tad for them but width wise theyd be a pretty close fit...for the 64-70 dodge PU id actualy shrink the truck till it fit it as tight as all hell....a 69 van id probably lengthen the viper out to 101 but narrow the van "if" needed...for the RC well an rc is 108 so id stretch the viper to fit it...as for width..if it was off id put a diferent offset wheel to make it work...narrowing an RC would be tuff as all hell if you wanted to keep the removeable top

Cripes! send it over here I'll drop the cuda body on it! I honestly don't mind pulling the drive train I just put in! I'm sure the 340bros would volenteer to undo what we did & redo with that!

Vipers are 'glass bodied... have been from the start.

Unless you've got a CJ-style Jeep, you'd have to lengthen the frame in order to set another body on that chassis... it's 9.2" shorter in wheelbase than the shortest A-body or E-Cuda. Mounting it onto one of our classic Mopars would entail cutting the entire frame and floor out or it would sit like a 4x4.

My guess is that if the seller's legit, it's a recovered stolen. Being a bodyless car, they probably can't title it. I don't know about the new body style, but I know the old Viper's hood (alone) went for aboot $16,000 unfinished back in '93 mostly because about 75% of them broke coming out of the mold. A lot of otherwise-viable Vipers were totalled because of the high cost of body panels.

i dunno doc i think the mounting of the body to it could be done quite well and easy with a bit o tube steel and a welder...admitedly most cars/trucks are 108 wheelbase but actual mounting of a classic body wouldnt entale much ..except ALOT of cutting and some re-inforcement

The body mounting might well be easy, but it would look real funny when you had to sit where the back seat would be in order to drive it, or when you removed the windshield to check the oil.
I'm sure there's loads of great ideas for what to do with it, but look at the chassis layout - that engine is set waaaaayyy back from the front end. Some serious re-enginerring would be in order.

fishy its sitting beside the shop...waiting

admitedly you would look odd sitting in the back seat...but i dont think it would be half as bad in a truck or van situation where theres a long nose in front of you anyway...or for that matter an older c-body where theres half a car out in front of you...i know for fact that a 60/70's caddy would have a nose long enuf to make up that space and leave you sitting in the normal position

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back