Had to say it---link. sorry in advance.

LAWFISH

"A MOPAR FOR EVERY MOOD"
OK, first I am sorry in advance but I threw ole moparnuts.com into a post on another mopar board. Got tired of the all chebbie all the time guys on the board and told the other mopar guys to come over here!!!!

Thought I would put the link here. And if the chebie guys come around here, I wont apologize for my language and or behavior. I am tired of their endless antagonistic shit all the time.

Just because a guy has a duster does not make him a mopr guy!!!!!!:cool:

LAWFISH

LINK

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3038650&page=0&fpart=3&vc=1

:Fresh Meds: :Fresh Meds: :Fresh Meds: :Fresh Meds: :Fresh Meds: :Fresh Meds: :Fresh Meds: :Fresh Meds: :Fresh Meds: :Fresh Meds: :Fresh Meds:

LAWFISH said:
Just because a guy has a duster does not make him a mopr guy!!!!!!:cool:

Hey....:mad:....340 drools can be a troll, but don't lump all us A body guys in with him...I happen to be a hell of a nice guy, Kind to small animals, intelligent and astoundingly good looking as well....:D (Damn ... couldn't keep a straight face...)

Y'know, everybody has a different idea of what constitutes "mopar." I take a lot of heat on Moparts because as far as I am concerned, Daimler has about as much in common with mopar as Toyota, Honda or BMW do. They acquired the name, but they aren't what I call mopar. Does that make me less of a Mopar fan than those who blindly follow a trademark, regardless of who owns it?

According to some it does.

Well said Nodda.

I'm a HUGE Nascar fan, been so since the very early seventies.
I'm also a HUGE Mopar guy, they're IT as far as I'm concerned. Been that way as long as I can remember.

But my favorite Nascar drivers of all time are Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt. One in a Mopar (and Ford and Pontiac) and the other in a Chevrolet (and Ford).

Doesn't make me any less of a Mopar guy, does it?

I am, however, better looking than Nodda. More modest as well.

:)

Not A Duster said:
Hey....:mad:....340 drools can be a troll, but don't lump all us A body guys in with him...I happen to be a hell of a nice guy, Kind to small animals, intelligent and astoundingly good looking as well....:D (Damn ... couldn't keep a straight face...)

Y'know, everybody has a different idea of what constitutes "mopar." I take a lot of heat on Moparts because as far as I am concerned, Daimler has about as much in common with mopar as Toyota, Honda or BMW do. They acquired the name, but they aren't what I call mopar. Does that make me less of a Mopar fan than those who blindly follow a trademark, regardless of who owns it?

According to some it does.

I am pretty sure everyone knows who I was speaking about.

LAWFISH

restoman said:
Well said Nodda.

I'm a HUGE Nascar fan, been so since the very early seventies.
I'm also a HUGE Mopar guy, they're IT as far as I'm concerned. Been that way as long as I can remember.

But my favorite Nascar drivers of all time are Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt. One in a Mopar (and Ford and Pontiac) and the other in a Chevrolet (and Ford).

Doesn't make me any less of a Mopar guy, does it?

I am, however, better looking than Nodda. More modest as well.

:)

It isnt a question of liking other drivers other than mopar drivers, ect. In this case, its a matter of being on a mopar board and dealing with the endless banter knocking mopar and I mean endless. This isnt even one season. And as a mopar guy, I am tired of being on a mopar board and taking crap from chebbie loving idiot, many of which never even knew what a mopar was prior to the Barret Jackson era!!!!!

I guess to understand this problem, you would have to have been involved in the whole situation and numerous posts.

LAWFISH

He's right about 340'srule. I dunno why he's jumping up and down about chevy-he used to push ford. Maybe it'll be toyota next year, who knows.

There's a lot of antagonistic dumb shit over there, and it isn't just about different brands of cars. One thing I haven't yet figured out is how a board that's so tightly moderated can still have so much pointless hostility. It would almost make you think heavyhanded moderation isn't the answer to such things...thankfully, they know better than that over there. Anyway, one of the good features about this board is that the members have a fair amount of latitude in correcting problems caused by other members. Troublemakers aren't effectively protected by the mods desire to keep peace at all costs. It may sound like screwing for virginity, but sometimes (often, actually) a problem is more effectively handled by allowing the general public in a board to handle it themselves. A heavyhanded lock or deletion doesn't do anything but leave everybody pissed off, waiting for the next opportunity to get back at it. On the other hand, a pimp slap by a significant portion of a board can quickly convince someone who is spectacularly spewing dumb shit to go spew it elsewhere, and make them not WANT to come back with it.

Here ya go Jon. You DO have the keys right?:silenced:

Attachments

• lock this thread.jpg
    lock this thread.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 4
v8440 said:
He's right about 340'srule. I dunno why he's jumping up and down about chevy-he used to push ford. Maybe it'll be toyota next year, who knows.

Well - fact is, that for many of us, the car thing is a hobby And in many cases someone's choice of 30 year old playtoys has little or nothing to do with what they choose as a daily driver.

I also personally know a lot of guys who are just "car guys" who may have a brand preference, but who can open their eyes and enjoy many different types of vehicles. My wife's oldest Brother for example is primarily a Ford guy that builds early '50s Victorias ... but he also has a '69 GS and a '65 Polara convertible in his possession...because he likes them.

v8440 said:
There's a lot of antagonistic dumb shit over there, and it isn't just about different brands of cars. One thing I haven't yet figured out is how a board that's so tightly moderated can still have so much pointless hostility.

That's easy. It's the biggest, busiest Mopar message board. Therefore it is becoming a reflection of what is happening to the hobby as a whole. As the value of these cars continues to skyrocket, you will continue to see a change in the type of people who own them.

There are far less DIY'er car-guys going there, helping each other out with tech and mopar related banter. The population of rich-boy collector/investors who's primary interest in the cars is the $$ value has increased dramatically however. Clashes are inevitable. Add in trolls like 340's rule and silver who live to stir things up and you have a pretty volatile environment.

Last edited:
Not A Duster said:
Thread is still there...

:doh:So it is. First time I clicked on it, it just opened a blank Moparts page so I just closed the window right away. For whatever reason, it's page 2 of the post but it's blank. Internet > me.

v8440 said:

There's a lot of antagonistic dumb shit over there, and it isn't just about different brands of cars. One thing I haven't yet figured out is how a board that's so tightly moderated can still have so much pointless hostility. It would almost make you think heavyhanded moderation isn't the answer to such things...thankfully, they know better than that over there. Anyway, one of the good features about this board is that the members have a fair amount of latitude in correcting problems caused by other members. Troublemakers aren't effectively protected by the mods desire to keep peace at all costs. It may sound like screwing for virginity, but sometimes (often, actually) a problem is more effectively handled by allowing the general public in a board to handle it themselves. A heavyhanded lock or deletion doesn't do anything but leave everybody pissed off, waiting for the next opportunity to get back at it. On the other hand, a pimp slap by a significant portion of a board can quickly convince someone who is spectacularly spewing dumb shit to go spew it elsewhere, and make them not WANT to come back with it.

Your correct and I never got involved in any of the other stuff, but just could not take the endless banter bashing the very product we all love.

I realy have no problem with guys/gals having/ driving other daily drivers or even having other brand muscle cars.I appreciate all cars. But I dont sign onto a chebbie or ferd board and try and make enemies either. I like the camarderie of the hobby, not the hatred! But when they openly start bashing mopar day in and day out just to spread their bad attitudes, then its on!!! I even tried to stay out of that until last night. And I dont take to the outright name calling or belittle people, but I had to get my 2 cents in.

And to be honest, that post is avery mild one, it was just the last straw.

LAWFISH

Not A Duster said:
Well - fact is, that for many of us, the car thing is a hobby And in many cases someone's choice of 30 year old playtoys has little or nothing to do with what they choose as a daily driver.

Yes, that's true for me too. There would be no issue if that individual wasn't always putting down mopars in favor of other brands. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Hence, at least when I was last hanging out there, he gets his ass verbally kicked by a significant portion of those who read his crap.

Thus, the problem with him is not that he has another brand of daily driver, but rather that he chooses to cram ford (and I guess now chevy, I dunno) down everyone's throat AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.

He's a TROLL, pure and simple. I'll admit that I often had fun with him because he's so poor at arguing, but he's still a troll. BIG difference between his actions and simply having/enjoying a different brand of car.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back