Got a new toy!

Jamies440

Divorced Bird
Hey all,

You knew it couldnt last, the thought of Jamie down to only six Mopars. Well it would have been 5 but I decided to keep the '86 parts truck around since I have the '88 short box and my D-250 daily driver. But, I digress. My buddy got it into the yard on Tuesday and I picked it up today (its still Wednesday here for another 20 mins or so!). Ok, so what is it?

Its an '83 Diplomat 4-dr. Yeah I know, I know, but this one means a little more to me than the average one. See, its a near twin to the '83 Plymouth I first drove solo in HS. I loved that car but unfortuantely I had another first in it, a hard wreck! Totalled that sucker out. I really did miss that car even if it was just a 4-dr.

Anyway this car is the same color combo, gold with a brown and tan interior. But this car has a vinyl roof whereas my old Plymouth didnt. This one has a few more power options as well, like windows, locks, and seat. Same drivetrain, 318-2v, auto, and little rear axle. Its been sitting for awhile, since the prev. owners broke the exhaust manifold on the drivers side. But, it fired right up once I primed it and it sounds pretty good, though it wont idle well, carb probably gunked up.

The plan is to convert it over from lean burn, throw some 15x7 wheels on it and dog dishes, fix a few other minor issues and DRIVE it! Gotta do 100 times better on gas than my D-250 thats for sure. Eventually I want to add a cop sway bar, a rear bar, firm feel box, and some metal isolators. Kind of make it handle better than a stock civillian car would.

Anyway no pics, I had a blowout tonight on my trailer and it got dark before I got home. I'll try and get some soon.

yup I ain't moving up either, just moving on... without a freshened up 2.2/ 2.5 on hand the Dynasty has been sent to injured reserve. I'd absolutely love a carbed tutu and some old school Direct Connection parts in there, I'm weird that way. But, moving on.

I picked up a 93 Grand Caravan with a 3.3 that will assuredly expect piles of cash thrown at it on a regular basis. We'll see how that goes.

Good luck with the dippy.:bravo:

edit: oh yeah, plugs were a breeze just mind the 02 sensor wires on number 1 (dunno why they are numbered like that) :huh:

Last edited:

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back