Challenger engine news

08Challenger

Copy and pasted from another fourm....

"DaimlerChrysler is working on a 6.6-liter Hemi V8 for the forthcoming 2008/2009 Dodge Challenger, according to Hemmings Motor News. A Chrysler insider reportedly told the publication that company officials want to "come out of the gate" with a "real performance car." Recent reports have indicated the Challenger will be offered with V8 engines only — with perhaps a standard Hemi and SRT variant. Chrysler could be planning a more powerful Hemi to enable it to compete with a top-of-the-line performance version of the Chevrolet Camaro. Back in January, GM's Bob Lutz said Chrysler's 425 horsepower 6.1-liter Hemi was not a concern. "I would just reply that we have a certified 1OO more on tap from the ZO6 engine, should the need arise," he said. Earlier this month, Chrysler announced the Challenger would go into production in 2008."

08Challenger said:
Copy and pasted from another fourm....

" Back in January, GM's Bob Lutz said Chrysler's 425 horsepower 6.1-liter Hemi was not a concern. "I would just reply that we have a certified 1OO more on tap from the ZO6 engine, should the need arise," he said.

A 1000 hp in an ugly car is still an ugly car.:dgt:

Thanks 68 :) I've already had a couple of disagreements with some GM boys about what a POS the new Craparo looks like. Got nothing on the Challenger or Mustang.

That's pretty cool! Sounds like there's a real pissing contest going on at the top... it can only mean there will be some great cars hitting the showrooms... but it also sounds like we're looking at a $40K Challenger..

they need to offer a small engine option. As in a v6 that way it can sell a hell of alot more units. Not everyone can afford a v8 all out performance car.

dodgedifferent2 said:
they need to offer a small engine option. As in a v6 that way it can sell a hell of alot more units. Not everyone can afford a v8 all out performance car.

1 time I dont disgree with you:cool:

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back