Am i Blind?

pbtim

So i got my new 1969 Fury home and thought that i'd decode the fender tag, but it is no place to be found! And i can't see any empty screw holes where one would have been if somebody would have taken it off. Am i blind that i am just overlooking it, it is someplace weird or is it actually missing?

I second looking at the rad support.

I've owned C-bodies from '70 and up and they ALL had tags on the rad support. :)

If its gone you can lift the rear seat cushion and a copy of your factory build sheet SHOULD be in the springs unless they have been re-done and they threw it out. Confidential vin sequence is stamped onto the underside of the front core support on 69 B bodies. I bet Cs are somewhere close.

Iv'e been away from the computer since early yesterday, so i didn't look for it yet. But i will go look for it today on the radiator support. Thanks guys.

I looked all over by the radiator support, under the radiator support, and anywhere i could see under the hood from the engine compartment and from underneath the car and still nothing, not even a pair of holes that lookes like there would have been a tag there. How does one go about taking out the rear seat in one of these cars to look for a build sheet? Or are there any other ideas of where this tag could be?

Last edited:
Sit on the hump facing the rear seat, put your knee into the face of the seat, towards first the right then the left, pulling up on the leading edge at the same time. The seat is on a "hook" and needs to be pushed backwards to remove. :)

Thanks alot, i will go home and try that right now! I guess that's why i couldn't get the seat up. I thought (i'm sorry to say) it may have been like a GM which is the exact opposite and flips open from the back. Thanks again.

Remember....there are probably two loops of metal connecting the rear of the lower back seat, ala GM. :) there will be bolts through them, into the floor....most cases, I reckon. :)

Sit on the hump facing the rear seat, put your knee into the face of the seat, towards first the right then the left, pulling up on the leading edge at the same time.
How many times have ya said that???:naughty:

Success! The broadcast sheet was still there. Not really many options though. Electric (not digital) clock, AM radio, 11in drum brakes, HD 727, 318 2bbl 230HP, wheel lip mouldings, horn ring, and i have a code for rally wheels, but on the car right now are steel wheels with full hupcaps and no trim rings. I am going to pop the hubcaps and see what is underneath. Thanks guys.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back