• Links to external websites may be affiliate links that generate revenue. Clicking the links do not add any cost to your transcations, if you choose to purchase.

A body K frame

pbtim

Looking for an A body v8 K frame for my '73 Dart. Pref. close to PA but if you have one let me know. I wanna swap my /6 the right way, not with one of those motor mount kits.

Can you weld? They are fairly simple to modify and unless the whole front end is worn out why turn all those rusty arse bolts?

You bet i can weld. I have not heard of modifying the existing K frame but tell me more. The existing bushings and arms are all in good shape and have been regularly greased and maintained so i would prefer to keep them and my disc setup.

Tim, the kit works great....and I have a spare one. :D Seriously, it is a good looking solid kit.

but if i use the kit can i still use full length headers? I found a-body full tube headers that will let me keep my p/s but if they will still work with a conversion kit, that is my only real issue

Last edited:
TTI headers are a little expensive for my tastes. would you imagine that Hooker Competition headers would fit with the conversion kit?

I dunno...of all the others I think they(the Hookers) are one of the better fitting ones, but I must admit, it was pretty tight with the TTi's even. I didn't have to ding em though.

you ever have any luck with tight tuck headers? i would be willing to use them if you think that the conversion kits are strong enough for a mild 360 i have never seen one of these kits in person so i don't know how they are made

Slanties use staggered towers, real motors are directly across from each other. You cut and reweld one side and you are V-8in it. Then most any A-body LA exhaust SHOULD fall right in your hole. But if it dont, please blame the boss- because Im a dildo without fresh batteries.[smilie=f:

I have no problem with manual steering, but if i am going to run manual steering then i need a new rack, no? If not i would gladly sacrifice power steering for full tube headers but i think i will still have clearance issues with the torsion bar on driver's side.

Anyone else here do an A body /6 to 360 conversion using motor mount kits?

Da-ho said:
Slanties use staggered towers, real motors are directly across from each other. You cut and reweld one side and you are V-8in it. Then most any A-body LA exhaust SHOULD fall right in your hole. But if it dont, please blame the boss- because Im a dildo without fresh batteries.[smilie=f:[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhh....I will have to take a look at my existing crossmember but i see what you are saying. Can i re-weld the old motor mount back to the crossmember or do i need 2 v8 motormounts cut off of a different car?

Also maybe you should invest in those rechargable batteries.

Look at what style mounts are there. If they are the same except in the wrong place on one side you can reuse what you have. I dumped a 460 into a furrd 1 ton that had a 390 originally and the parts store hung us up for monthes and I finally made my own and that was over 10 yrs ago and its still going strong. Dont get strung out on what other people suggest- make it happen and go burn rubber.;););)

well who needs a car when you have power steering?
ROFL! *envisions Tim cruising around with a steering column box and rack attatched to a harness around his chest, steering everywhere he walks whilst making motor noises!* :D:D:D:D:D

Tim, the Schumacher kit is built like a tank. I had an overyly happy 340 4 gear on it, and it never flinched. Clean and easy install. I have heard that some folks need to shim them, so I had some shims made up for me, but never used em.

have you personally had any experience with Hedman shorty headers or other short headers and the conversion kit or think that they would work? TTi definately out of my price range, and not sure whether or not Hooker competition headers would work with mount kit.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back