• Links to external websites may be affiliate links that generate revenue. Clicking the links do not add any cost to your transcations, if you choose to purchase.

79 Plymouth Sapporo...ichiban...;)

They're not much to look at, but these were actually pretty decent cars and had some interesting features for the day (such as the four-wheel discs).

At least Plymouth had the good sense to not name theirs "Barracuda". Dodge should've taken that hint with their sister version. :doh:

cant say ive ever seen the plymouth..the mitsues yes

makes me wonder f this is what a "cricket" grew up into...which ive ever only seen one

The U.S.-market Cricket wasn't a Mistubishi, though. It was a rebadged Hillman Avenger.

I've actually seen a lot more of the Sapporos than I have Challengers. I only remember one Rising-Sun Challenger in this area, but there were a number of Sapporos at one time. If you can get past the looks, they could be pretty fun projects. They are RWD, after all.

Sales weren't very strong because dealers preferred pushing domestic cars for higher profits. Plus their mechanics had zero experience working on them and no desire to learn.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back