'72 Monaco project

Jamies440

Divorced Bird
This project pretty much trumps others because its in alot better shape and I love the frontend. The car is a '72 Monaco 2-dr HT, white on green! Body is fair, a good 20 footer, and the interior is pretty nice as well with the exception of the headliner getting knawed on by the mice.

The plan is to pull a '72 400 out of a Chrysler and hook up my best 727 and drop it into the car. While the motor is out I plan to re-gasket it because its a leaker and drop a '69 383-4 intake on it then use an AVS I have loose on it.

For wheels I want to use 15x6.5 or 15x7 plain steelies in white body color with redline hubcaps. Tires I'm not sure of, probably 255/70/15 in back, 255/60/15 in front, it depends on what looks the best.

The car is going to be primarily built for cruising and to just flat out drive. Nothing custom really, just a nice cruiser that I can have some fun with.

I hope to get started on this real soon, just as soon as I get the '76 4wd together for a friend of mine and as soon as I finish hauling stuff off.

Anyway, here are some pics of it as of yesterday.

Attachments

• leftfront.jpg
    leftfront.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 18
  • rtfront.jpg
    rtfront.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 11
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 13
  • rtrear.jpg
    rtrear.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 14
Good stuff, Jamie.

Hey, ya know that thing has only two doors. That's not your style - you should just give me that car. :D

Just kidding. I really like that car.

To quote a friend of mine C bodys rule, but I grew to hate the front end as when I got my permit in 72 they always seamed to be behind me. All kidding aside a 2 door c body will make a great car..

Hey 71, that a before and :helpme:after pic in your sig? :p
Nah that's what I have, and other than the paint and maybe wheels, what I want it to look like. I'm thinking black w/ black stripes w/ the factory burgundy/white interior or light metallic green w/ silver stripes w/ a two tone gray interior. I also want the 69.5 "M" code hood, with the dual scoops, but I want that to be functional. That car has the Alterkation K frame and the stroker B motor with the Keisler 5 spd, and all that other bs...

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back