• Links to external websites may be affiliate links that generate revenue. Clicking the links do not add any cost to your transcations, if you choose to purchase.

71 Road Runner

beeper*71

This space for rent
1971 Road Runner : N96 Air Grabber car, Hemi Orange, automatic.
The good: New front end, ball-joints, tie-rods, upper/lower control arm bushings (MOOG offset uppers) adjustable drag shocks.
400 block stroked to 451 with steel 440 crank, 440 rods and Ross pistons. Edelbrock aluminum heads with valve springs to match 555 lift Hughes cam. Edelbrock torker intake and 800 CFM Thunder Series carb. Aluminum water pump housing. MSD 6AL and new MP distributor, shorty headers into 2 ½” duals W/H-pipe and 4 Magnaflows. Custom frame rail connectors welded in. New gas tank. 727 trans W/manual valve body, B&M Pro Stick shifter and trans blanket, new driveshaft, fresh sure-grip W/ 3:55 gears. New brakes with fronts upgraded to 11 ¾” disc. Battery mounted in trunk with cut-off switch in rear valance. Wiring upgraded with junction block under hood and late model Nippon Denso alternator. New aluminum wheels, front tires like new, rear’s are Mickey Thompson drag radials. Monster tach, mechanical oil, water, alt gauges and Tuff wheel in interior. Originally column shift car, have shifter and linkage to switch back to stock. Air Grabber parts with exception of under dash switch and air cleaner base are in place and in working order. This is a real N96 car, NOT a clone.

The bad: Needs cosmetic restoration, was last painted about 14 years ago. Paint job was done poorly but still looks good from a short distance. Rear quarters have bondo around fender lip and there is bubbling between doors and wheel wells repros are now available. Vinyl top is bad. Front inner fenders rusted around hinge mounts. Interior is showing it’s age and will need restored also. Dash pad has small crack starting, gauge cluster is uncut and nice with stock am radio. Door panels nice also, basically needs headliner, sail panels, package shelf . Has cloth buckets from an import in it right now but I have a set of correct stock buckets and an extra rear seat that go with the car that will need recovering.
The transmission is wounded , the 2-3 shift has gone soft. Car is driveable but care is needed when shifting into 3rd. I’m including a spare core trans and a slew of other spare parts with the car. Bring a truck to haul it all!
The 451 runs real hard, I had it to the ¼ mile once and it runs low 12 easily. With some rear suspension work and some more tuning 11’s should be easily attainable. The engine has good street manners and is a blast to run. Less than 1,500 miles on this engine since built.
I’ve had this car 16 years and have lost interest, so it just sits in the garage.
I’m sure I’ve forgotten some details, please E-mail with any questions.
$9,000 Cash talks, BS walks......
E-mail: beepbeep71us@yahoo.com

226.jpg

I'll give you an '81 LeBaron shell, my Hemi 4-speed, and a dirty sock. It's all I have! :D

Seriously, I wish I had the cash. I've seen this car in person, and 9 grand is a deal! In fact, if it was a '72 with a stick, I'd probably be mortgaging my soul right now to get it.

Got any pics of the dirty sock? :hmmm:

Seriously though, It will be sad to see her go. Lot's of good times with this car. I kept telling myself next year, I'll do something with it next year...the years go by and still it sits. Outside of work I have zero interest in tinkering with cars anymore, the love affair is over. :(

Geez I wish I had the dough. I love 71 B bodies, Road Runners in particular.
When the love has died, time to move on. :(

Ah, yes... the old "I work on cars all day, I just don't want to do it more when I get home" problem. Understandable, and I've seen it too many times. My buddy Dave took well more than a decade off from having a cool ride, but the bug finally bit again. I'm sure the same will be true for you, beeper. When that time comes, you'll find something that turns your crank and be all over it once again.

I am unsad. Let her go to someone that will love her, and when the urge hits again you'll likely want to start anew anyhow.

"stock am radio" Awesome!

Bought mine in 1987 if I've put 2000 miles on it I'd be surprised. Been thinking I just want to throw the cordoba 400 in it and drive the the damn thing, dents, rust, warts and all.

Good Luck! :nomnom: someone ought to snap yours up.

When I took time to play house and raise kids I just put it in storage. I would occasionaly hit the swaps, collect a few parts, look at the other cars and share the camaradarie. I figured it didn't cost anything to keep and the value would only go up. After 8 years I had more money and ambition..............and the desire to drive it again. One big lesson I learned, keep it as streetable as possible. It always makes for a more enjoyable experience and as you get older the speed isn't as important.:liar:

WOW!! See what happens when I turn my back on you crazy bastids for a few seconds...(er years...) Beeper's sellin' the Beeper, and god knows what sort of mischief Jass is up to...

Seriously, do you still have it, Beeps? Still sellin' it? A friend of mine was talkin' 'bout buying a '71 from one of those classic car shysters, the other day. Yours is wayyyy less $$$, but (maybe) somewhat rougher. I do not know how much work he's willing to do to one, or if he's just plain full of crap. Its pretty tempting to me, as well, but I have plenty of unfinished projects, already.

You're in Wisconsin somewhere, right?? (CHEESE, DAMMIT!!!) Got any engine picas?

-M

Glad to see you got a buyer,wish I had the funds and space for it. Anyone we know?

It now belongs to a lucky young man in North Dakota. His father races big block mopars and wanted a car for the youngster to race along with him. They will be replacing the worn out rear springs, fixing the trans and flogging it on the 1/4 mile. As good as that 451 runs I predict much fun for them and hopefully some 11 second timeslips.
For 18 years I had that car, was hard to see her go but I'm ok with it.

And I now have room in the garage for dancin' :nanna:

It now belongs to a lucky young man in North Dakota. His father races big block mopars and wanted a car for the youngster to race along with him. They will be replacing the worn out rear springs, fixing the trans and flogging it on the 1/4 mile. As good as that 451 runs I predict much fun for them and hopefully some 11 second timeslips.
For 18 years I had that car, was hard to see her go but I'm ok with it.

And I now have room in the garage for dancin' :nanna:

And what motorcycle are you going to be dancin with?

You still have your wife chebby, right. Maybe after workin on that for a bit it will bring you back to Ma. We will still have you either way. Gary

As far as dance partners are concerned I have 4 bikes to choose from, plenty variety to keep me entertained. :cool:

The Camaro has been moved away from the wall and off the dollies it's been resting on the last 4 years. New tires and a fresh battery will have it back on the road but we have considered selling it as well. :huh:

Beeper,

Sorry I never got back to ya, I've been strugglig with some kinda respiratory crap, the last couple weeks. :( Spent the first week in bed, and the second dragging ass to work, and crashing out as soon as I got home...

When I got the pics from you, it kinda occured to me, that your car was just about as good/bad as the two that I already have (not counting your mechanical improvements), and I really don't have the time to do it justice. I am happy to see that you found a good home for it!!

Thanks for taking the time to send me the pics. I hope that you don't ever regret selling it, anymore than you do now!!

-M

So, uh... out of curiosity, what happened to that refurbed pig I built? Do you still have it?

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back