65 Dart 'vert - should it have rear seat belts?

not a charger

Should a 65 Dart 'vert have had rear seatbelts from the factory? If not, what's the best way to install them? I've heard some people say that I should weld a plate to either side of the floor, drill a hole, weld a nut on the underside plate, and run the bolt through it. I've heard others say that welding the plates alone will be fine, and that I don't have to weld the nut to the underside plate.

We're looking at one as a family crusier, and I need somewhere to attach my daughter's car seat.

Dunno if it came with em, but I had to install belts all round on the 49...just used a heafty square chunk of steel and a nylanut locking nut. They are solid as all hell. ;)

well thats an iffy one...it "should" have them but it might not

generaly ALL floor mounted belts have a 3-5 inch plate then a nut welded to it....however dodge mini van seats have the belts mounted to them on a 3 inch washered nut thats tack welded into place and fairly easy to break off if you want to remove it...go hit a wrecker and pop 4 off and use them

62 =none,63=front,late year option for rears,64=fronts ,rear option 65=mandated all front and rear.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back